Monday, March 4, 2013

Sermon Reflection | March 4, 2013


Read: Isaiah 55:1-9 and Psalm 63:1-8
Listen: Drink a Gallon of Water Every Day
Dig a Little Deeper: 

I have several pastor-friends who are doing Lenten blog series' of some sort or another.  You'd be blessed to check them out!

  • Rev. Emily C. Heath is the pastor of West Dover Congregational Church in West Dover, Vermont. She is doing a daily Lenten reflection.  
  • Rev. Rachel Hackenberg is an author/speaker/pastor doing a Lenten prayer/poetry blog.  
  • The Northwest Ohio Association of the UCC put together a series of Lenten resources on their blog.  
  • Several of my pastor-buddies are contributing to this UCC series called "Peek, ponder, pray" a quick daily meditation.  
  • I loved, loved, loved this Lenten blog last year called "Words Matter," but apparently I was the only one who loved it because it disappeared about halfway through Lent.  Still, you can read the posts that did go up!
  • I hope to add more; waiting for permissions! 
So, what kind of spiritual disciplines work for you?  What do you wish your prayer life looked like?    


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with the main message of the sermon. To become better at something we need to do more than try... we need to practice. I really like that message and find it valuable and challenging. Your water-drinking illustration of that point was wonderful, Joanna!

    I do wonder about the part where you question one's ability to serve others fruitfully if you don't have a solid connection to God. I can only speak for myself, but I know that even as I don't pray and maintain no connection with God, I do my best to serve others on a daily basis. I guess I'm wondering what context it was meant to be put in. Was that portion of the sermon supposed to apply to religious/spritual people only?

    ReplyDelete

We don't judge, so say what you think, but be respectful.