Sunday, March 2, 2014

#Zumbanation

Hello Friends!

I wanted to make a special post first of all to give a shout out to everyone who attended our very first faith & fitness night Zumba class! You all rocked it! There was lots of fun and smiles! Also, I am making this post encourage some of you who may be a little nervous about trying out our new class here. Let me start about giving my own back story on how I got into Zumba and eventually became an instructor.

Zumba is a cardio workout program that involves elements of Latin dance and even dance from modern music. Free Zumba classes were offered to Ripon College students and staff on campus, and I went with a bunch of my roommates and teammates from the tennis team. I loved the positive energy, music, and laughing with my friends while getting a good workout. It was also a great stress reliever to have a busy college student. When I went home for summer and school vacations, I discoverer that one of the Zumba instructors in my hometown was one of my old daycare teachers! I started going to her classes and she really inspired me to dance and even help teach some songs! After that, I was hooked and I knew this was a tool I wanted to have in my toolbox when I did my own teaching. So, the rest is history and I am proud to say that I am Zumba instructor!

Today, on this transfiguration Sunday, during worship and Sunday school, we discussed seeing things in a different way and this is how I ask you to see Zumba coming into church. This offers those who wish a positive place to exercise and work on their health. It is for all abilities and all people. I challenge you during this time as we head into spring, to look at things in a brand new way or from a new angle. Give Zumba a try or do something you have always wanted to try! Connect and talk with God about what may be holding you back and what inspires you to move forward.

With God all things are possible!

Love,

Miss Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Loved this, Liv! In two Sundays, the week before the next Zumba class, you should share some of this in church. Great encouragement! And I have LOVED Zumba. I was thinking last night about how empowering it was for me. Can't wait to keep going!

    ReplyDelete

We don't judge, so say what you think, but be respectful.