Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stress!

Though Spring break has only been over for three days, already I feel like I'm being eaten alive by my academic work. I find myself forcing my brain into a daily marathon with very limited time to recover. While, I try to frequently remind myself of the extreme privilege of a college education, it is all too easy to grumble about the stress I place upon myself daily in college.

My hope for this blog post is to remind myself (and hopefully others) that God is an active presence in our lives. When my brain is being pulled in 100 directions during the week, I have go to remember that God hasn't forgotten about me. Some of my biggest stresses right now are whether I'll receive a summer job I've applied for and whether I'll one day be accepted to a medical school. What I often forget is that, though these two goals seem vitally important right now, God has an entire world of possibilities for my and your future. If I don't reach these goals, it will only mean that God is planning to take me down another, equally as fulfilling path. With this thought, I can let go of much of the stress and can fully consume myself in God's love and care. This does not mean that I have to stop working hard, but rather, I can go through each week knowing that God is pushing me to be my best.

I hope that during any week when we feel like busyness will drive us to insanity, we can have renewed energy knowing that God is with us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughtful words, Andrea. I really appreciate your notion of God as stress reliever, the safety net who keeps us from hitting the ground when we fall.

    ReplyDelete

We don't judge, so say what you think, but be respectful.